This document details the new rules and procedures EMR has set in place to protect both you, the customer, and EMR staff and to minimise the risk of spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our new rules are designed to keep everyone on site safely segregated in order to eliminate and / or minimise the risks to an acceptable level. Therefore the following key points must be strictly adhered to. Any non-compliance will be taken seriously and you will be asked to leave the site.
When you visit an EMR site please;
1) Follow the self-isolation guidance issued by the Government. Do not attend site if you or someone you live with displays symptoms i.e. a new continuous cough and/or a high temperature.
2) You will be required to provide your own PPE. Access will not be permitted without it. We can not issue PPE on site due to the COVID-19 transfer risk and potential cross contamination. The PPE requirement for the Ferrous yard is: a hard hat and a Hi-Vis vest or jacket.
3) You will be expected to stay in your vehicle as much as possible. At some sites there may be an EMR Marshall to greet and guide you. They will stay at least 2 meters away from you and your vehicle at all times.
4) Please stay in your vehicle and do not approach the weighbridge window. Signage at the weighbridge will provide a phone number that you will need to call to contact the weighbridge operative.
5) The weighbridge operative will be able to confirm your details and weigh you in. Once your account details are confirmed and your weight recorded, you will be instructed to enter the yard where a member of staff will guide you to the correct heap.
6) We will not be accepting scrap vehicles on site until further notice due to the manual intervention required to depollute and process them.
7) You will be instructed where to tip. No plant will be operating while you are in the drop-off area.
8) No cleaning of metal is allowed on site during this time.
9) When outside of your vehicle you will need to follow all signage, markings and barriers on site.
10) Where barriers are not in place you and EMR staff must maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres apart at all times.
11) Once your material has been tipped you must proceed to the outwards weighbridge.
12) The physical transfer of paperwork will not be allowed. Please call the phone number indicated at the weighbridge for instructions on how to process your payment.
If any of the above rules are breached EMR will Stop Work and ask you to leave the site.
Thank you for your cooperation with these site rules and procedures. We look forward to welcoming you back to EMR.