A statement from EMR Metal Recycling on COVID-19.
Our top priority is the health of our employees, customers and suppliers, whilst ensuring that we continue to support the country’s front line organisations. In light of the unprecedented events resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak, we have already made significant changes to the way in which we operate. We are keeping enough of our sites across the UK open to ensure we can still support the country’s front-line companies, including:
- Communications companies that keep you connected
- Utility companies that keep the water running and the electricity and gas flowing
- Petrochemical companies to keep the fuel at the fuel stations
- Logistics and distribution companies that keep the food and services and home deliveries moving
- The NHS, pharmaceutical and chemical companies
- Transportation and public transport including rail and buses
- The waste companies like Biffa, Veolia, Suez, ensuring that your bins get emptied
- The Ministry of Defence and the armed forces
- Local authorities who are struggling to manage their household waste recycling centres
We have implemented social distancing measures to protect our staff who remain working on our sites and our customers. These include new paper and contact-free documentation processes, new material tipping procedures and restricting the number of vehicles and people on site at any one time.
We also have offered assets that can be deployed for critical use to help other front-line businesses.
The following sites remain operational to provide a service to our business suppliers. The necessary contact numbers needed to make appointments to deliver your material are detailed:
- Glasgow – call 0141 954 9371
- Blaydon - call 0191 414 3618
- Burnopfield - call 01207 270731
- Middlesbrough – call 01642 247419
- Tyne Dock – call 0191 454 1773
- Leeds (Cross Green) – call 0113 240 6667
- Sheffield (Attercliffe) – call 0114 262 6590
- Sheffield (Halfway) – call 0114 263 3510
- Blackburn – call 01254 52052
- Liverpool Alexandra Docks – call 0151 944 7500
- Salford – call 0161 745 7555
- Darlaston – call 0121 568 6266
Please use our Sheffield or Darlaston yards.
- Brentford (Non-Ferrous) – call 020 8847 2417
- Edmonton – call 020 8807 4268
- Erith – call 01322 336970
South West & Wales
- Southampton – call 023 8033 6288
All of our colleagues affected by these changes are being supported during this time with help from the Government Coronavirus Employee Retention Scheme.
We are continuously monitoring UK Government, DEFRA and the BMRA advice. We thank you for your cooperation at this difficult time and we hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and well.